This recipe is delicious and simple with the quality of the ingredients being key. The Pure Flavor®, Azuca on-the-Vine Red Cherry Tomatoes really make this dish special. Their sweet and full-bodied flavor pairs so nicely with the other savory ingredients.
- Pure Flavor® Azuca On-The-Vine Red Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Bag 16 oz frozen mussels
- 5 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Small white onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter cup of cooking wine or white wine
- Garnish chopped parsley
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
Add in onion and garlic, sauté about 5 minutes.
Add in Azuca cherry tomatoes on-the-vine with stem in sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 4 minutes until tomatoes are soft and broken.
Next, deglaze pan with a quarter cup of cooking wine or any white wine of your choice. Simmer for an additional 3 minutes then add the pack of frozen mussels and remaining butter. Cover with lid and steam about 3 minutes until mussels are open.
- Plate and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- PRO TIP: If the mussel doesn’t open throw it away.
(Recipe Created by Devin Petrillo using Pure-Flavor® ingredients. Image provided by Pure-Flavor®)